Since reopening the Driving Range at Golf Quest on April 20, 2020, in accordance with CDC guidelines, we have been able to increase our hours and expand the use of our facilities and available services as CT has entered the various Phased Re-openings.
For the Driving Range, we are maintaining our initial COVID protocols for Social Distancing and Sanitizing including:
- One Way Entrance and Exit from both floors of the tee line to reduce congestion and customers passing each other coming and going.
- Simplified one price $5 per token, cash or credit card, to speed transaction time.
- Social Distance makers on the floor of the lobby and at the ball dispenser and signs to remind customers to stay 6 feet apart. Each floor of the Driving Range is 360 feet wide by 22 feet deep (8,000 sq. ft. on each floor) and tee dividers are 10 feet apart so there is plenty of available social distancing space.
- Signs directing customers to follow the new procedures and safety instructions … and to remind customers to comply with the latest State of CT COVID-19 Orders.
- Sanitizing procedures on the driving range remain –
- Range balls are washed in a solution of water and bleach and/or disinfectant and are blown into the ball machine without being touched.
- Range tokens are sanitized before sale.
- Ball buckets are sanitized before they are go out and we’ve provided cans for customers to drop off used bucket for sanitizing before they go back out.
- Rubber tees and ball trays are sanitized daily.
- Customers must bring their own golf clubs, range clubs are no longer available.
- In the short game area, bunker rakes have been removed and cups on the putting green have been covered or stuffed with a foam filler to avoid touching in accordance with CSGA guidelines. Signs instruct customers to use their own balls, not to touch any other balls and not to share clubs.
Since April, in accordance Reopen Connecticut standards, we have been able to:
- Provide access to bathrooms, with regular daily cleaning and sanitizing recorded in the required log.
- Open the lobby area with seating 6 feet apart.
- Open the Performance Clubworks Golf Shop, with the required retain protocols.
- Added a few chairs back on the tee line with daily sanitizing.
- Begin to schedule private and group lessons and offer Summer Camps (in accordance with CT OEC guidelines).
- Open Mini Golf on weekends only for July and August with COVID Protocols for Social Distancing and Sanitizing . Batting Cages remain closed.
For the safety of our Golf Quest staff, plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front desk and at the Mini Golf gazebo, masks and gloves provided and many interactions between staff and customers streamlined, eliminated or made touchless.