The Driving Range at Golf Quest will reopen on Monday, April 20, 2020 on a limited basis 10 am to 7 pm daily. Based on information from the CT DECD, the driving range may open, subject to certain restrictions for COVID -19 however the Clubhouse, including the Golf Shop and bathrooms, must be closed. The mini golf and batting cages are also closed until further notice.
Social Distancing must be maintained on the driving range and short game area as well as in the parking lot. … BE SMART … STAY 6 feet APART. If you don’t feel well, please stay home.
We have instituted the following new procedures and protocols to limit contact between customers and staff and speed you to the ball machine:
- Simplified One Price CASH ONLY … $5 per token (exact change requested; buy as many tokens as you like) …We will be suspending sales with credit cards and sales of new GQ Debit Cards.
- Speed Line … If you have tokens or a Golf Quest debit card, take the speed line and go right to the ball machine.
One Way Entrances and Exit for the Driving Range
- Front Doors will be open and will be ENTRANCE ONLY to the driving range.
- The Only Exit from the driving range will be ONE WAYthrough the open green doors at the teaching area end of the range.
- Access to 2nd floor of the driving range will be ONE WAY up the staircase. The 2nd floor exit will be ONE WAY down the stairs at the teaching end of the building.
- Each floor of the Driving Range is 360 feet wide by 22 feet deep (8,000 sq. ft on each floor), tee dividers are 10 feet apart, so there is plenty of available space for people to stay 6 feet apart.
- The new procedures we have undertaken will eliminate areas of congestion and places customers pass each other entering and leaving … the rest is up to you.
- Range balls are washed in a solution of water and bleach and/or disinfectant and are blown into the ball machine without being touched.
- We sanitize the tokens and only touch them with gloves. We sanitize all of the range ball buckets before they go out and provide a can where we ask you to drop off your used buckets.
- Your range tokens can be dropped into the ball machine without touching the machine.
While we have been closed these four weeks, we have been home and following the news on the spread of Coronavirus and sincerely sympathize with those who have lost loved ones and friends or are dealing with the virus. By reopening now we hope to provide a safe place for individual golfers to take a break for a short time, hit some balls, get out and get some fresh air.
For everyone’s safety, customers must follow State COVID-19 Orders.